Friday, March 30, 2012

Implosion of Light: The Garden (start)

Well, I still have one more song by Ale (aka Languis) to create some visuals to, but after a couple of these animations where the visuals were strongly synchronized to the music I decided that I wanted to go in a little different direction.

I'm not sure where it came from, but I started to have visions of a growing garden made of cubes, spheres and cones.  I'm in the process of designing and planning, but I made a quick and simple style of what I'm thinking.






The design, animation and everything is extremely simple, but this was just a test.  I was having trouble in the rigging process.  Basically I didn't want to have to animate each little cube on it's own and I wanted to have something else simple driving the cubes into growing.  That way when I actually animate it's quite simple even though it looks complex.  It's still time consuming, but if I was going to animate every single cube individually I probably would completely nix the idea.

I've sent an email to Ale to see what he thinks of letting me take the lead on this and I'm waiting to hear from him.  I'm sure he'll like it, but he's also a super busy guy.  I asked him if he wanted to do his own version of the first prototype piece (the one I animated to the music by Eric Satie) and he thought it was a great idea, but work and kids have gotten his hands full.  Still once he gets to it I think it'll be amazing!

I'll post designs soon!

1 comment:

  1. Just got a response from Ale. He loves the look and even gave me a song he's working on that is super awesome. I asked him if I can put it on this blog for those who want to listen.
    It got me thinking that I should add butterflies or something.

    He's also still thinking about the Satie piece.

    Good things are coming!

    ReplyDelete